Friday, January 21

Today

The radio weather report broadcasted "bitterly cold" weather tonight, with a "real feel" down into the single digits. I don't know, but I got a burning in my legs and a pumping of blood that said tonight would be a good night to walk to where you want to be. It was not that far; I'd been there many times, but I got lost. Because that is what happens. You get lost. On a straight road. :) I am patient with myself however, and decided to laugh it off. Which is good because otherwise I would be sitting here feeling foolish instead of delighting in the adventure of a walk in the "bitterly cold" weather. The sky was a deep velvety blue, so crystal clear that it was perfect. Orion is my favorite constellation because he actually LOOKS like something (among other reasons), and there he was, up in the night sky. Orion is my compatriot. It was a good night for walking; Death Cab played on B.'s i-phone and it was where I was supposed to be. Thinking and pondering are, generally, the name of the game. It took a while for my legs and hands to forgive me, but they eventually did. Sometimes, you just need to follow the nighttime wanderlust. The destination was good too.

No comments: