Monday, January 17

Eight

There are eight days until I turn --, and lest we all suppose that that is all I want to talk about in the next week and a day, I will first say that it is not. That being said, I have a feeling that I could very easily turn this age without being prepared for it, and for some reason, that sounds undesirable. How many times does one turn this, or any age, in their lifetime? Only once! Only once! And so, up until then, I will be reminding myself that by this birthday, and throughout this birthday year, (if I later decide that it is still not a silly goal), I want to be cooler. I want my space at college to be a place I want to be - stylish, my own spot, pretty, pleasing?! and I want to be cooler. Before we do so, however, here is my definition of cooler: 1. You know, cooler. 2. Kinder 3. More easy-going about things that do not need to be stressful. 4. Happier (happier to be around, reflecting the happiness I am feeling, generally a happy person) 5. More confident in who I am. 6. Rocktastic. Okay. There it is. I want to be THOSE things. Can we do this? Perhaps. I've got a whole year to work on them. But first, I think I have to decide how I am going to get from here. To cooler.

No comments: