Wednesday, January 12

It's the fifth of November, It's the fifth of November

It was a snowball fight of epic proportions. Begun at just the time in the afternoon when you know you have to do SOMETHING extraordinary with your day or you will have reached the 2:30 hour and realized that it's like you never had a sno-day! We gathered at the Yarch (yard-arch), split into two teams, had some democratic discussion, and began a series of capture-the-flag games. I even hit people with snowballs, and who saw THAT coming? Granted, it was mostly one person - N. - but he took it well. We now have a snowball truce. Things are looking good. After fesitivities, which included getting my face stuffed with snow, finding snow in interesting holes (nose holes, ear holes), and being tackled again after I'd already been tagged a zombie, a gigantic group of high schoolers trekked to the Dunkin' Donuts across the street and ambushed them. They never knew what was coming. We trudged in with snowy boots and frost-bitten fingers and a desperate need for warmth from SOMETHING, ANYTHING. And boy, did we dominate. They were good-natured about it, not like unto N. So I spent my snow day, I think, well, despite the fact that I still need to do my college scholarship essays and my calculus homework. We are taking this one hour at a time. And yes, I know it's not actually the fifth of November. :)

No comments: